Friday, February 25, 2011

16.5" Wade w/ inskirt rigging and exposed stirrup leathers

Here's my latest saddle I just finished.  Unfortunately every saddle I've posted has been roughout, but you've got to do what they order.  I do have some saddles coming up that will have some carving on them, so you'll have to check those out when I get them done.  This saddle is a little different than the rest with an inskirt rigging and stirrup leathers on the outside of the fenders.  This saddle has a 16.5" seat, 4.25" horn, 4.5" cantle, with the rigging placed just slightly ahead of 7/8.  




4 comments:

  1. looks good man i like you work! top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, uhh, on what criteria do you base Keith Gertsch as the "best custom tree maker around" on? Interesting comment/opinion. I use Warren Wright and Rick Reed trees myself. And, personally, I wouldn't have a tree for looks that has any fiberglass on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for your info, Rick Reed learned from Keith...and the only fiber glass Keith uses is to strengthen the bars on calf roping saddles and oddly enough a number of the NFR calf ropers are riding Keith Gertsch trees. Looks have nothing to do with this, a good tree is all about function and fit. If you're going to post a negative comment, man up and put your name on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is J.D. by the way, my blog is under my wife's and so my comments show up as if my wife were commenting.

    ReplyDelete